Friday, September 21, 2012

New Blog!

Hi everyone,

Chris and I thought it would be fun to start a blog to let you know what's been going on in our lives and share our adventure being new parents to our beautiful baby boy named Noah.  Noah Angelo Serrato was born on August 9th at 6:59am weighing 7 pounds, 9 ounces and 20 1/4 inches long. He was born in Walnut Creek, CA and was welcomed by his maternal and paternal grandparents and uncles/aunts. He was so beautiful and we could not believe he was ours!

Noah was due July 31st, so he was waaaay past due. I was scheduled to get induced on the evening I went into natural labor! I was happy that Noah chose his own birthdate and I didn't have to get induced. Before I was scheduled to go to the hospital, I took some last photos of being pregnant.  These were taken just hours before I went into labor:




The labor was fairly quick, I started feeling labor pains around 7pm on the evening of August 8th and he was born almost exactly 12 hours later. My doctor had told me for a first time birth I should expect an 18-24 hour labor so I was happy with the 12 hour turnaround. I will tell you an epidural is a pregnant woman's best friend! :-)

In labor here but had an epidural so I didn't feel a thing!


Since we didn't know what we were having, there was so much excitement as Noah was about to enter into the world! at 6:59am Chris shouted - It's a BOY!!! We were so happy we waited to find out the sex. It made the labor and delivery so much more exciting.

Chris cutting the umbilical cord:


Noah being weighed and measured:


Meeting Grandma and Grandpa Serrato:

Noah 1 day old:





Noah 2 days old. Has his "going home" outfit on mommy and daddy ordered for him:

In daddy's truck. Ready for the ride home:


Grandma and Grandpa Pino enjoying their time with their first grandchild:

Grandma Mary loving her new grandson!


Noah had his first photo shoot with a professional photographer in an almond orchard when he was just 8 days old. It was a challenge to get him to sleep and take these photos, but totally worth it. We were glad we got a very patient photographer who spent 2 1/2 hours with us to capture these great newborn photos!














Since August 9th, it has been a challenge waking up during the wee hours of the night to feed, change diapers, rock Noah to sleep, etc. but we have been enjoying every moment. Everyone says the time goes by so fast, so I have been trying to savor my time home with him. Noah has been such a blessing and is getting cuter and cuter each day!

Noah's first bath at home:

Noah's first walk with mommy:


Wishing mommy a happy birthday:

He loves his mommy & daddy:








One month old photo:
Tommy and Penelope are very curious with him and have been great:


Penelope likes to photobomb pictures often:
 Ready to watch the Sunday Football games with Daddy:




This past month we have been blessed to have my mom in town. She has been helping us cook, clean and take care of Noah.  She loves to give him baths and kisses everyday!





Sadly mom leaves back home on Tuesday, but will be back for Noah's baptism at the end of October, so it won't be long before her and my dad are back in town again!

Look how much Noah has changed in just six weeks!
2 days old
6 weeks old


Uncle Harry came to visit Noah today:


This sums up our past month and a half with Noah. We have a new boss!


Check back to our blog often to see what's going on in the lives of Chris, Jen, and NAS :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment